The use of our website is possible without providing personal data. Deviating regulations, which are explained separately below in this case, may apply when using individual services of our website. Your personal data (e.g. name, address, e-mail, telephone number and the like) will be processed by us only in accordance with the provisions of the German data protection law. Data is considered as personal data if it can be assigned unambiguously to a particular natural individual. The legal bases of data protection are laid down in the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). The regulations below will inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the data collection as well as the use and processing of personal data by the provider.
1. Name and contact details of the body responsible for processing
ELC- External Legal Counsels
ELC Rechtsanwälte Dunkel Krämer Schällig Partnerschaft mbB
D- 79100 Freiburg i. Br.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When accessing the website
When accessing our website www.elc-law.de the browser used on our terminal device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information will be temporarily stored in a so-called log file.
In the process, the following information will be collected without any action on your part and will be stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the computer making the request,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the viewed file,
- website from which access was made (referrer URL),
- browser used and possibly the operating system of your computer as well as the name of the access provider.
The data stated is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to guarantee a prompt connection to our website,
- to guarantee convenient use of our website,
- to evaluate the system security and stability and
- for further administrative purposes.
b) Contacting us
For questions of any kind you have the possibility to contact us. In such event, information provided by the user is stored for the purpose of facilitating communications with the user. No data is transferred to third parties.
The data provided for the purpose of contacting us is processed in accordance with Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of the consent you have voluntarily provided us with.
The personal data collected by us will be automatically deleted after the enquiry you made has been dealt with.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those stated below.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have given your explicit consent for this pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is required pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit f GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding and legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data.
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. c GDPR is subject to a statutory obligation and
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the settlement of contractual relations pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. c GDPR. .
The cookie stores information arising in connection with the specific terminal device used. However, this does not mean that we directly gain knowledge about your identity.
On the one hand, cookies are used for the purpose of making the use of our offerings more attractive to you. That is why we use so-called session cookies to recognise that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These cookies are deleted automatically after you leave your website.
To optimise the user friendliness, we additionally also use temporary cookies that are stored on your terminal device for a certain defined period. If you revisit our website to use our services, the cookie automatically recognises that you have been on our website before, what information you entered and what settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for maintaining our legitimate interests and the interests of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser such that no cookies are stored on your computer or such that a message always appears before a new cookie is stored. However, a complete deactivation of cookies can lead to you not being able to use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below that are used by us are implemented on the basis of Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it in order to optimise our offerings for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the above-mentioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the relevant tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our websites, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this connection pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies are used (see item 4). The information generated by cookies about our use of this website such as
- browser type / version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (previously visited website),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server enquiry ,
will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website , to compile reports about the website activities and to render further services in connection with the use of the website and the use of the Internet for market research purposes and for the demand-oriented design of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if legally required or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Under no circumstances will your IP address be associated with any other data held by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that no allocation is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of the cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; we point out, however, that in this case, not all functions of this website can be used to the full.
You can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Alternatively to the browser add-on, in particular for browsers on mobile terminal devices, you can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website, will be set. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you have to set the opt-out cookie again.
More information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics con be found in Google Analytics Support (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
6. Rights of the persons affected
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR; In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data was or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, as the case may be, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- to request the immediate correction of incorrect information or completion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR insofar as processing is not required in order to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR insofar as you challenge the correctness of the data, processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion thereof and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR; to request to receive your personal data you have made available to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible body in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke the consent you have previously given to us in accordance with Art. 7 paragraph 3 GDPR. A result of this is that, in the future, we are not allowed to continue the processing of the data that was based on this consent.
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a general rule, you can resort to a supervisory authority at your usual residence or workplace or our place of business.
7. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons arising from your situation or the objection is directed towards direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without you stating a specific situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to email@example.com.